In my first month as a blogger, I seeing traffic and even got accepted by Google AdSense. I take every small win I can and I want to share the keys to success that I’ve discovered!
My blog is barely a month old and yet I manage to get around 100 views a day and my traffic is steadily increasing.
But how am I getting this traffic to my blog?
Does it take hours of tedious work?
If you look through many of my posts, I include a Pinterest image for others to re-pin. This makes it even easier for me to one-click my Tailwind icon later and schedule posts as well because my favorite, pinnable images are already embedded in the post.
Check out these screenshots from my recent traffic and notice where almost all of it comes from…Pinterest!
These numbers aren’t crazy by any means, but it’s only my second month blogging, so just to have any views at all is exciting!
61 views came from Pinterest versus only 9 from facebook and only 4 from Twitter
This day I had 114 views from Pinterest and only 5 from Facebook and 3 from Twitter!
So why is Pinterest working so well for me?
Pinterest is very passive compared to all the effort facebook takes. Pinterest continues to circulate your images like a visual search engine, even when you are not online. When others pin or like the image, Pinterest increases it’s circulation.
Did you notice that one of my posts, A flight Attendant’s Air Travel Tips, seems to be doing better than the rest?
My pin, found here, has 86 repins at the time of this post. Because of that, Pinterest is continuing to recirculate the image. People that search for related tags, like how to pack for air travel, or something similar, will find my image. They can either pin it for later, or they can also click through to my website.
Create a Tailwind account now and start to discover what Pinterest can do to increase your blog traffic!
What is Tailwind?
Tailwind is used to pre-schedule posts. It’s as easy as clicking a few buttons and throughout the day, Tailwind will post Pins on your behalf. Tailwind even knows when the best time to post a pin is! If that wasn’t enough, you can also see how well your boards are performing.
Do you need more about the basics of Pinterest? Check out my post on how to create a pinnable image that drives traffic directly to your website.
The Luv Aviatrix
Want to pin this for later? (See what I did there?) Pin this image and make Pinterest your bestie too!
- The Most Exotic Airbnb in Bali - April 4, 2017
- Aviation News: DOT Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7!!! - October 14, 2016
- Newbie Blogger Secret, Why Pinterest is My Bestie - October 14, 2016
- Fall is here and Halloween is in the Air, Flight Attendants Share their Spirit! - October 1, 2016
- The Best Coffee shops in Alameda - September 29, 2016
- A Flight Attendant’s Bookshelf, The Best Travel Reads - September 27, 2016
- Surviving the Road to the Ruins of Palenque - September 25, 2016
- The Only Time I Ever Went Viral (And What I Learned) - September 22, 2016
- A Flight Attendant’s Air Travel Tips - September 20, 2016
- My Books - September 17, 2016