Ever heard of the Flight Attendant 15? That number is referring to the weight that “off-the-street” civilians gain when they become a flight attendant. Between the greasy airport food-and let’s be honest, booze-gaining weight is a fact of life when you become a stew. Unless you know how to pack.
When I first became a flight attendant, I could hit up the airport Qdobas like nobody’s business. As I approached my late twenties, I noticed that I got away with it a lot less and that my uniform was getting tighter.
That’s when I realized I needed to start packing a lunch. One of the easiest things to prepare before a trip is overnight oatmeal. I’ll usually pack 3-4 small containers of it to start each morning of my trip. Packed with protein and easy to make ahead, this is a flight attendant staple that will keep you full through the day. Let’s not forget that oats also help lower cholesterol and the chia seeds that I recommend are packed with healthy Omega 3s!
Chocolate Banana Overnight Oats
1/4 cup rolled oats (I use Trader Joes brand. Note: these are gluten free)
1/4 unsweetened almond milk (or water or coconut or soy milk)
1 tsp chia seeds
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 sliced banana
Mix all of these ingredients together and let sit overnight in the refrigerator. Can be enjoyed warm or cold which is perfect for FAs that might not want to fuss with warming something up in the galley. I actually enjoy mine most cold.
- The Most Exotic Airbnb in Bali - April 4, 2017
- Aviation News: DOT Bans Samsung Galaxy Note 7!!! - October 14, 2016
- Newbie Blogger Secret, Why Pinterest is My Bestie - October 14, 2016
- Fall is here and Halloween is in the Air, Flight Attendants Share their Spirit! - October 1, 2016
- The Best Coffee shops in Alameda - September 29, 2016
- A Flight Attendant’s Bookshelf, The Best Travel Reads - September 27, 2016
- Surviving the Road to the Ruins of Palenque - September 25, 2016
- The Only Time I Ever Went Viral (And What I Learned) - September 22, 2016
- A Flight Attendant’s Air Travel Tips - September 20, 2016
- My Books - September 17, 2016